Construction work requires a substantial level of strength, and it also requires that workers put their bodies at risk. Accidents happen often, and they sometimes lead to litigation where victims must prove their cases. With help from construction accident lawyers in Queens, NY, employees can increase their chances of success while minimizing the chances of similar accidents in the future.
Documenting Industrial Negligence
Being in a construction accident can be devastating and life-altering, and it’s even more so when the victim’s version of events is called into question. There are certain elements to prove in a negligence case, such as:
• That a duty of care was owed
• That the duty was breached
• That the injury occurred because of the breach
• That the injury could have been foreseen by a reasonable person
Construction accident lawyers in Queens, NY, can help injured workers prove their cases and achieve the maximum amount to which they’re entitled.
Types of Negligence
While negligence is typically used as an all-encompassing term, it often falls into various categories. These include:
• Negligent entrustment. If you’re hurt on the job because a task was delegated to a careless or incompetent employee, you may have a case for negligent entrustment.
• Negligent retention. When an injury occurs because insufficient training was provided, it may form the basis of a negligent retention claim.
• Negligent supervision. If it can be proven that an employer knew you weren’t equipped to do the job, or had a criminal history, it may constitute negligent supervision.
Many construction accidents happen due to choices that fall into multiple categories. Construction accident lawyers in Queens, NY, can provide advice on these categories and see how they apply to your case. Visit the firm online at levyborukhlaw.com or call to schedule a consultation.