Big law firms are no longer the only ones utilizing legal outsourcing services. While some independent lawyers and smaller law firms are concerned that legal outsourcing practices will further widen the gap between their abilities and the dominance of industry Biglaw, others are realizing that they can utilize legal outsourcing services in a manner that larger firms cannot.
Follow in the Footsteps of Success
The following are only a couple of ways that small firms have found success in achieving the next level of efficiency.
- Small firms are often limited in their ability to take on particularly large or demanding cases. With the use of legal outsourcing services, however, these firms can more easily tackle lucrative, complicated cases that they would otherwise not have the resources to handle.
- Time doesn’t stop for Biglaw, nor does it stop for solo attorneys! By outsourcing tasks overseas to countries on the other side of the globe, some smaller legal practices are taking advantage of time zones by ensuring that progress never halts. Once the legal professionals of these practices are asleep, dedicated lawyers working in India are beginning their day of productivity and advancing their client’s project.
How Legal Outsourcing 2.0 Can Addresses Popular Concerns
On the other hand, there are a few things that small firms should consider before pursuing the use of legal outsourcing services in their own model of practice.
- The Lawyerist, a blog by and for independent law practitioners and small firms, emphasizes the importance of taking responsibility for any outsourced job. For each task that is outsourced, the possibility of communication failure exists. At Legal Outsourcing 2.0, all discussions with the production team are conducted with a US-licensed attorney in order to minimize possible misunderstandings.
- While smaller firms are right to be careful about their clients’ possible breach of privacy when outsourcing jobs, they may be comforted to know that India has recently enacted new privacy laws promising liability and criminal punishment for the disclosure of private information provided during legal outsourcing projects.
- Finally, an important nugget of wisdom for small firms to keep in mind when utilizing legal outsourcing services is that quality work cannot be completed without adequate follow-up and supervision. Legal Outsourcing 2.0 understands that outsourcing is a team effort, demonstrated by the implementation of tools such as client remote access and monitoring.
While there is certainly work and research to be done before choosing the best legal outsourcing services for your small firm or independent law practice, Legal Outsourcing 2.0 can make the process simple. Contact them today to discover how their services are perfect for you.