Speak to a Personal Injury Attorney in Pocatello, ID about your Accident Claim

by | May 15, 2018 | Lawyers and Law Firms

If you reside in Idaho, you need to speak to a lawyer immediately if you have sustained a personal injury and feel that it could have been prevented. This is important, as submitting a claim can help you pay for the medical costs and pain and suffering you are experiencing. You have two years to file a claim before a court will deny it.

Comparative Negligence

It is also important to contact a personal injury attorney in Pocatello, ID about any concerns regarding your claim. In some instances, litigants may submit a claim, only to discover that the other party insists that they were at fault. This can come as quite a shock, especially if you believe that you did nothing wrong. When you are assigned partial fault in a personal injury claim, you may not receive as much money as you expected to.

For instance, if the court decides that you are 20% at fault for an injury and the other party is 80% at fault, you will receive $8,000 for a $10,000 settlement. If your fault is under 50%, you can collect money, by law. However, a personal injury attorney cannot help you claim the amount if the court decides that you were over 50% at fault. The comparative fault rule in the state of Idaho is applied any time a claimant is considered to be partially at fault.

Dog Bite Injuries

The above information typically covers people involved in auto crashes. However, no law is printed on the books that governs liability for dog bites. Owners are considered liable for injuries caused by their pet if the injured party can show that the owner knew the dog was dangerous. A personal injury attorney can help you determine whether or not this rule applies in your case.

If you wish to know more about personal injury filings, you need to check out website today. Set up a consultation to determine whether or not you can proceed with a personal injury claim.

Recent Articles